Phone number: 732-895-4271
Party affiliation: Democratic Party
Campaign website: http://www.edisondemocrats.com
Social media: Facebook (Rich Brescher for Edison Town Council 2019)
Date of Birth: 1963
Education: JPStevens graduate attended Stockton state college
Occupation: Construction Management
Public/Party service: Democratic committee person
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
It depends. what are the proposals on the table?
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
Yes. I would support increase vote participation, it is the flaw I see with our electorate process
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
It depends. only if it could be confirmed it was nonpartisan
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
It depends. I am fine with everything except the boards should be appointed by elected officials so we know who to hold accountable
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?