Phone number: 8562911548
Party affiliation: Democratic Party
Campaign website: Not provided
Social media: Not provided
Education: Not provided
Occupation: Not provided
Public/Party service: Not provided
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
It depends. I just don’t have enough information to provide a definitive response on the duties and goals of a public advocate. Generally I am looking for more accountability and greater scrutiny in the process and if that is what the public advocate would do, I would support it.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
It depends. I generally want to remove money from politics. I would support it if there is a limit on the amount a campaign can spend. Without that limit, I foresee the public paying up to a certain amount and then the special interests will still have too much influence because they will fund above the limit. Further, the local elections should also be publicly funded for the same reason.
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?
No. Our legislatures should have the pulse of the public and business. Removing them from holding other paid positions will further the divide.