Phone number: 908-423-9515
Campaign website: https://sumanthaprasad.org/
Social media: https://twitter.com/LD22Prasad17/ https://www.instagram.com/ld22prasad17/
Date of birth: 7/11/1986
Education: BS, Bioenvironmental Engineering, Rutgers University (2008); MS Environmental Engineering and Science, Johns Hopkins University (2011)
Occupation: Hydrology and Hydraulics Engineer
Party affiliation: Pushing Us Forward
Public/Party service: None mentioned
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position? Yes.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting, vote by mail)? Yes.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption? Yes.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of state-wide Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations? It depends.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process? Yes.
- Would you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature? Yes.
- Would you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions? Yes.
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected? Yes.