Phone number: 7322992171
Party affiliation: Democratic Party
Campaign website: Not provided
Social media: facebook.com/StevenFarkasforAssemblyLD30 www.twitter.com/Farkas4Assembly
Date of Birth: 02/17/1971
Education: Bachelors Degree in Political Science. Masters Degree in Holocaust and Genocide Studies
Occupation: Horror and Science Fiction Writer
Public/Party service: Volunteer soccer coach 12 years, Cub Scout leader 3 years, Current Democratic County committee member from Howell District 28.
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
Yes. I believe the party line divides the party.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
Yes. It is always a positive to expand voter participation in a democracy. Democracy requires work by the citizenry to maintain it.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
Yes. Public funding helps create fairness in the political process. It also mitigates the influence the wealthy and corporations now have on the system.
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?