Date of Birth: 09/14/1982
Education: MSEd, School Counseling, Hunter College, 2012 BA, Theater, The Pennsylvania State University, 2005 BS, Secondary English and Communications Education, The Pennsylvania State University, 2005
Occupation: School Counselor
Public/Party service: As an English teacher for six years and a professional school counselor for the past seven years, I’ve dedicated my entire career to public education. I grew up in a proud union household and I’m currently a member of both national and local teachersâ€™ unions.
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
Yes. If elected to the Assembly, I’d lobby Congress to make Election Day a national holiday.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
Yes. Both Democrats and Republicans are guilty of gerrymandering. We need to end gerrymandering nationwide!
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
Yes. I would fight for a publicly financed, transparent system of campaign financing that amplifies small donations. I’d also fight to eliminate super PACs and other outside spending abuses.
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?
It depends. I would support this measure if there was an increase in Assembly wages. As a working class American, $50,000 a year is not enough to support my family.