Date of Birth: 4/30/2019
Education: BS Business Economics
Public/Party service: Legislator, Hillsborough Sustainability Committee
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
It depends. if someone has earned the party endorsement, they should be allowed to be associated with that party. However, column placement should not be restricted to the two parties.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
It depends. It should be non-partisan.
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
Yes. As with other elections, someone could opt out, but it would allow for lesser known candidates to compete.
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?
Yes. the current process limits the potential pool of candidates.