Phone number: 917-817-5021
Party affiliation: Democratic
Campaign website: http://www.demsforld23.com
Social media: N/A
Date of birth: 7/13/1978
Education: Yale University, B.A. 2000; Seton Hall Law School, J.D. 2005
Public/Party service: Most of my service has been through the legal community, handling pro bono cases, serving as a former Trustee to the New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA), as a former Chair of the NJSBA Young Lawyer’s Division, a former member of the NJSBA Amicus Committee, and a former member of the NJSBA Professional Responsibility Committee.
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
Yes. I would need to review how the members of the commission are chosen. I do not want to try to end a partisan redistricting process only to have a new, even more partisan method of redistricting be implemented in its place.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
It depends. I support a public advocate position, but in the era of big money elections, making the position elected might limit the lengths the advocate might be willing to go to in the position in order to ensure their own re-election. I think a closer examination of the best way to create this position for the benefit of the public is needed.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?
Yes. In general, I support policies aimed at limiting corruption and self-dealing.