Phone number: 732-503-8834
Party affiliation: Democratic Party
Campaign website: https://www.dellavollewheeler4assembly.com/
Social media: www.facebook.com/dellavolleandwheelerforNJAssembly
Date of Birth: 10/18/1982
Education: Erin is a proud product of the NJ public school system, including The College of New Jersey where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics Education. She also obtained a Masters degree in Educational Leadership from Georgian Court University.
Occupation: public school Chemistry teacher
Public/Party service: As president of her local teachers’ union she advocates for members and works to resolve complex problems. Politically, Erin was recently elected to serve as the Secretary of the Democratic Club of Brick. She also serves on the Executive Committee of the Ocean County Democratic Women’s Caucus. She is a member of the Ocean County Democratic Committee, Clean Ocean Action, the National Organization of Women, the Women’s Political Caucus of NJ, and a certified Girl Scout leader. She has worked tirelessly to get other Democrats and pro-education candidates elected.
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?