Phone number: 609-731-6482
Campaign website: Not provided
Social media: Not provided
Education: BA Wesleyan University, JD Georgetown University
Occupation: Economic Development & Sustainability Director Mercer County
Party affiliation: Democratic
Public/Party service: Former Pennington Borough Councilwoman (4 years), Former Mercer County Freeholder (7 years), former Mercer County Democratic Chair (6 years)
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position? We should reinstate public advocate but I’m not sure if electing is the best means.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting, vote by mail)? Yes.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption? Yes.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of state-wide Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations? Open to reviewing the current process for nominating, and involving experts in the process
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process? Yes. This would be difficult to achieve – finding truly nonpartisan members. Perhaps better to expand the commission to add nonpartisan members.
- Would you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?Yes.
- Would you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions? Yes.
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected? It depends.