Phone number: 516-840-4688
Social media: https://www.facebook.com/julieforPrincetonPublicSchools/
Education: Tufts University, BA in Political Science and Asian Studies, graduated magna cum laude; Columbia University School for International and Public Affairs, Master’s Degree in International Affairs
Occupation: Princeton University, Finance & Treasury Project Manager
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position? Yes, I think the public advocacy role is critical for accountability and can play an important role in making sure that the government is responsibly focused on the concerns and rights of the citizens that it is meant to represent.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting, vote by mail)? Yes, voting is one of the most important rights we have as citizens of this country. We should remove any barriers to voting and make it easy/more convenient for everyone to make their voices heard at the polls.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption? Yes
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of state-wide Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations? Yes, Commissions and Boards play a fundamental role in the state government. Members should be chosen based on their credentials as would be the case with any private sector role.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process? Yes
- Would you support instituting public funding for all statewide offices, including the legislature? Yes
- Would you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions? Yes
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected? Yes, we should remove all barriers to fair elections.
You must be logged in to post a comment.