Phone number: 917-232-8452
Party affiliation: Democratic Party
Campaign website: Not provided
Social media: Don4Upper on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
Date of Birth: 03/05/1953
Education: BA Biology Queens College CUNY, MS Microbiology Cornell University, MPS Health Care Administration New School University
Public/Party service: Not provided
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
It depends. I don’t quite understand. Are you proposing an open primary. If so, no.
[ETA: we are not, we are proposing to get rid of the column structure of the primary ballot]
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?