Phone number: 732-595-5298
Date of birth: 07/10/1980
Campaign website: www.darylkipnis.com
Social media: www.facebook.com/kipnis17
Education: B.A. With Honors, Rutgers College ’02; Juris Doctorate, Seton Hall University School of Law, ’05
Occupation: Attorney At Law
Party affiliation: Republican
Public/Party service: First-time candidate for public office; serve as a volunteer mediator in NJ Courts
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position? Yes.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting, vote by mail)? Yes.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption? Yes.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of state-wide Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations? Yes.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process? Yes.
- Would you support instituting public funding for all statewide offices, including the legislature? Yes.
- Would you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions? It may be appropriate to restrict certain other government employment/contracts for sitting legislators, but it should not be full-time.
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected? Yes. I am also a believer in non-partisan municipal elections.
You must be logged in to post a comment.