Education: Master of Technology – Industrial Engineering and Management
Occupation: Technology Management
Public/Party service: Government and Public Leadership Experience: Council Vice Present (Jan 2019 – Present); Council President (Jan 2018 – Dec 2018); Councilman (Jan 2016-Present); Co-Chair, Edison Public School Overcrowding Task Force; Edison Public School Safety Committee; Township Finance Committee; Organized programs for teens and adults with special needs through Lions Club of Edison; Advisory Board member of various Cricket League committees. As councilman, I introduced an ordinance holding big banks accountable for abandoned properties. I also introduced a pay to play ordinance to stop special interests from buying elections. Along with Councilman Coyle, I voted against a proposed tax increase, citing systemic fraud, waste and abuse in the budget.
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?
Yes. One person – One position – One job